− Explore North Vietnam with scenic landscapes from Halong Bay to Sapa
− Wonder breathtaking views on rice fields on terrace in Sapa
− Indulge in the colorful market in Bac Ha
− Hiking and trekking alongside rice fields, fish ponds, houses on stilt in Mai Chau
− Enjoy memorable cruise experiences in Halong Bay
- After reading this program, you can change the itinerary to fit your travel requirements: budget, hotels, preferences, leisure time, special needs... Our Travel Specialist will work with you to design a perfect holiday just for you. We are committed to offer you the BEST VALUE for QUALITY SERVICES and GREAT CUSTOMER CARE.
- Local assistance: Vietnam Hello World Travel Company Team are available all time while you are on the tour: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our Travel Specialists at Vietnam Hello World Travel Company take care of your holiday. So, you can unwind and enjoy your touring without any hassle. We are on the ground to give you the best travel experiences.
- Upgrade and VIP opportunities where available.
- Please contact us for FREE Quote, Travel Advices and Information.
Contact person: Ms. Jennifer Pham
Hotline: + 84 - 913 063 770 (English Speaking) or + 84 - 919 568 821 (French Speaking)
Day 1: Hanoi – Arrival (-/-/-)
Meet upon arrival at Hanoi International Airport, then transfer to the hotel for check-in. Time at leisure. Accommodation in Hanoi. Check - in time at 02:00PM.
Day 2: Hanoi - Cooking Class – Lao Cai (B/L/-)
Breakfast at the hotel.
This morning, we will enjoy a special cooking class with Madam Tuyet which was famed with Anthony Bourdain for her special art cuisine. Our chef will escort you to the local market to buy ingredients for your cooking session. Then you learn how to cook and taste what you cook before.
Afterward, explore Hanoi old quarter on foot to observe the daily life of local people and the vibrant atmosphere of Hanoi capital.
Transfer to Hanoi Railways Station to catch the night train to Lao Cai. Overnight on train. Departure time: SP1 # 21:40 approximately.
Day 3: Lao Cai – Sapa villages (B/L/-)
06:00 AM Early arrive at Lao Cai Railway Station, you will be welcome by our local tour guide.
Enjoy 01hour drive to Sapa tribe hill. You will have breakfast at hotel.
AM: Visit Sapa market, short trek to Laochai & Tavan villages where we meet H’mong, Dzao, Dzay people. Wonder the stunning landscapes with rice fields on terrace, houses on stilt, colorful clothes and wearings of women here.
Back to Sapa for lunch.
PM: We explore Cat Cat village, other insight of local culture and lifestyle. Overnight in Sapa.
Day 4: Sapa – Bac Ha market – Hanoi (B/L/-)
After breakfast, drive to Bac Ha town. Explore Bac Ha market, the biggest colorful market in Lao Cai province, held every Sunday morning. You can see the ethnic minorities go to the market on the back-horse or on foot. The market is bustling from 09:00am to 12:30pm.
After lunch, enjoy a short trekking about 5 km of mountain path to Ban Pho Village - home of Flower H’Mong people, get in touch and witness their traditional lifestyle, habits and customs.
Then back to Laocai town. Stopover at He Kou border-gate with China to witness the bustling trading activities between Vietnam – China.
You take the night train SP2 # 20:30 to back to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Day 5: Hanoi – Mai Chau valley (B/L/D)
Early arrive in Hanoi at 04:30am approximately.
Meet our tour guide at Hanoi Railways Station, transfer to Nhat Tan flower markets held early morning, then back to Hoan Kiem Lake to witness elders practicing Taichi exercise or walking. Afterward, we taste Pho (chicken noodle) and drink Vietnamese coffee like local people.
Then we leave the vibrant capital of Hanoi toward Mai Chau valley (150km appro.) Mai Chau is home to many minorities including H'mong, Muong, Thai ethnic group. Stilt houses border both sides of the roads as you approach Mai Chau. The houses are quite large with palm leaf roofs and polished bamboo-slat floors. The kitchen is located in the center of the house; the cooking as well as the making of the colorful tho cam, the material used by Thai minority to make their clothes, takes place in the kitchen. The windows are large and decorated with patterns. Each house also has a pond to breed fish.
Everything within the villages is very basic, and running water is not an option. After an introduction to the village, a traditional meal will be prepared. The people in the White Thai villages are very open and sociable, the women are very beautiful, and you will be threaten like you are family. They work on the farm or on the rice fields nearby the village. This is the beauty of the area, seeing the traditional way of life within a beauty of nature. We spend our night at local house – home stay in Mai Chau.
Day 6: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B/L/D)
Hoa Lu is known as ’’Dry Halong bay" for its outstanding natural beauty, a stunning landscape similar to famous Guilin in China. Hoa Lu was the capital city of Vietnam Kingdom under the Dinh and anterior Le dynasties between 968 - 980 AD and ancient sanctuaries & tombs can still be seen today.
Depart for Hoa Lu, 100km south of Hanoi. Upon arrival in Hoa Lu, visit Dinh and Le temples dedicated to Dinh and anterior Le dynasties.
Proceed to Tam Coc. Enjoy the spectacular scenery during a boat cruise to explore wonderful landscapes in Thung Nang. Afterwards, visit Bich Dong pagoda where the opening of Indochine movie was realized with French star Catherine Deneuve in 1991. Transfer to the hotel in Tam Coc for check-in. Leisure time. Overnight in Tam Coc.
Day 7: Ninh Binh – Halong Bay (B/L/D)
08:00AM depart for Halong bay, 180km east of Hanoi, listed as World Heritage Area for its Outstanding beauty by UNESCO in 1994.
12:30 Board a traditional junk style to discover the 8th World Wonder where the movie "Indochine" was realized with Catherine Deneuve, French star in the 1990's. Lunch on boat with fresh seafood. It is time to unwind and relax on the sun deck through the most beautiful landscapes with more than 3,000 islands and limestone islets, rising from the emerald water. Visit a natural cave, the most picturesque grotto in the bay. Swimming if the weather permits and relaxing on the deck. Dinner & Overnight aboard.
Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B/-/-)
Early morning Tai Chi exercise on board.
Light breakfast with bread, snack, coffee whilst cruising throughout the bay
10:00AM enjoy a delicious brunch whilst taking last photos for your album.
11:00AM Disembark at Hon Gai pier and drive back to Hanoi. Visit a humanitarian workshop on the way.
Upon arrival in Hanoi, attend a performance of water puppet show. Check – in at hotel and leisure time. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 9: Hanoi – Departure (B)
Breakfast at hotel.
Leisure time until transfer to Hanoi International Airport for departure flight. Tour ends.
Price: US$ 599 per person. Please contact our Travel Specialists for more help.
- DOUBLE/ TWIN room at selected hotels with daily breakfast
- One night cruise aboard in Halong Bay
- Entrance’s fees, excursions and visits
- Train tickets Hanoi - LaoCai - Hanoi on local train FANXIPAN Express (AC sleeper berth - cabin – 4 passengers)
- Private transfer in Hanoi & in Laocai
- Local ENGLISH Speaking Guides (01 in Hanoi + 01 in Sapa)
- Meals (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner) as specified in program
- Vietnam visa fee
- All kind of airfares
- Drinks, tips, gratuities
- Personal travel insurance of all kinds
- Extra expenses not clearly mentioned above...
Hotels: Budget Class
1. ANISE Hotel SUPERIOR (3*) in Hanoi
2. BAMBOO Hotel STANDARD room (3*) in Sapa
3. Homestay in Mai Chau
4. YEN NHI Hotel DELUXE (2*) in Tam Coc
5. SYRENA Cruises DELUXE cabin (4*) in Halong Bay
Hotels: Superior Class
1. CHALCEDONY Hotel DELUXE (4*) in Hanoi
2. AMAZING Hotel SUPERIOR (4*) in Sapa
3. MAI CHAU ECOLODGE SUPERIOR (4*) in Mai Chau
4. LEGEND Hotel DELUXE (4*) in Ninh Binh
5. SYRENA Cruises DELUXE cabin (4*) in Halong Bay