− Long Tan battle field which was Australia soldiers engagement during the Vietnam War.
− Long Tan memorial war unveils the unforgettable feeling time for Veterans of Australia and New Zealand
- After reading this program, you can change the itinerary to fit your travel requirements: budget, hotels, preferences, leisure time, special needs... Our Travel Specialist will work with you to design a perfect holiday just for you. We are committed to offer you the BEST VALUE for QUALITY SERVICES and GREAT CUSTOMER CARE.
- Local assistance: Vietnam Hello World Travel Company Team are available all time while you are on the tour: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our Travel Specialists at Vietnam Hello World Travel Company take care of your holiday. So, you can unwind and enjoy your touring without any hassle. We are on the ground to give you the best travel experiences.
- Upgrade and VIP opportunities where available.
- Please contact us for FREE Quote, Travel Advices and Information.
Contact person: Ms. Jennifer Pham
Hotline: + 84 - 913 063 770 (English Speaking) or + 84 - 919 568 821 (French Speaking)
The Battle of Long Tan was fought between the Australian Army and Viet Cong forces in a rubber plantation near the village of Long Tần, about 27 km north east of Vung Tau, South Vietnam on 18 August 1966. The action occurred when D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment (6RAR), part of the 1st Australian Task Force (1 ATF), encountered the Viet Cong (VC) 275 Regiment and elements of the D445 Local Forces Battalion. D Company was supported by other Australian units, as well as New Zealand and United States personnel.
During the battle the company from 6RAR, despite being heavily outnumbered, fought off a large enemy assault of regimental strength. 18 Australians were killed and 24 wounded, while at least 245 Viet Cong were killed. It was a decisive Australian victory and is often cited as an example of the importance of combining and coordinating infantry, artillery, armour and military aviation. The battle had considerable tactical implications as well, being significant in allowing the Australians to gain dominance over Phước Tuy province, and although there were a number of other large-scale encounters in later years, 1ATF was not fundamentally challenged again.
Depart for Ba Ria Vung Tau 100km east of Saigon: Visit Long Tan battle field, Long Phuoc and Kim Long tunnels, Bau Sen base, Minh Dam Revolutionary Area
Lunch at local restaurant. Continue our journey with Niet Ban Monastery, Linh Son Pagoda.
Drive back to Saigon. Drop off at your hotel. "Long Tan Battle Tour" ends.
- Tour departs from your selected point of departure in Hochiminh city.
- Please advise pick-up location at time of booking and call upon arrival in Hochiminh to re-confirm pick-up time.
Prices: from $68 person.
Please contact our Travel Specialist to book "Long Tan Battle Tour" today.
- Private transfers by AC vehicle
- ENGLISH Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees and permits
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Vietnam visa arrangement
- All kind of airfares
- Drinks, tips
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Hotel in Hochiminh city